Has the time gotten away from you? You might have been having so much fun during the summer months that house cleaning was at the bottom of your to-do list. Now that autumn is here, you are probably realizing that you want your house to look extra nice for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. Whether you are having out-of-town guests, whether you are hosting holiday events, or whether it's just plain time to get down to house cleaning business, here are some ideas that might help you to thoroughly clean your house:
Start With A Plan -
Just how much cleaning do you need to do? For example, are you including the garage, which might be a major challenge? Are you including the cleaning of inside bathroom and kitchen cabinets? It might be good to start with a list of chores that need to be done. Then, when they're accomplished, you can check each chore off the list.
- Consider how much time you'll need for each job.
- Think about whether you want to choose one or two days to complete the job.
- You might want to spread the housecleaning chores throughout one or two weeks.
- Even if you have to bribe them, get your spouse and your kids involved with the cleaning chores.
The Actual Cleaning Time -
After you have organized what you need to do, then proceed with the actual cleaning of your house. Think of dividing chores among your family members, Some chores will be best done as a group, not only because it's practical, but because it's fun.
- For example, if you have window blinds, think of working as a team.
- One team can go to each window blind and dust it with a soft cloth.
- The next team can follow with a spray bottle that contains a gentle cleanser.
- If needed, go over the window blinds with a new cloth, finishing the job.
Once your house is clean from top to bottom, consider how you will maintain the cleanliness you established. One idea is to assign a cleaning chore to each day of the week. For example, think of Mondays as the day that you go through to put away things that were left out over the weekend. Tuesdays might be assigned to cleaning the kitchen, Wednesdays for dusting, Thursdays for bathrooms, and so on. By doing a little bit of cleaning each day, you can know that the house is ready for the weekend.
Contact a company like A+ Cleaning Service for more information and assistance.